The contrapteur mini-cnc project makes good progress.
The lasercut parts need testing, so I'll have a bunch made at ponoko.
The parts were designed for 2mm thick material, but it turns out ponoko has most of it's materials in 3mm thickness, so it's limited to a few materials ( wood, clear acrylic ).
I'll order one of each and see what is better.
It includes :
- 18 ball bearing holders
- 8 lead nut mounts
- 8 lead nut mounts for sliding element
- Templates for punching the angle
- Templates for punching the 40mm square tube
- Templates for punching the motor mount and cutting the rubber dampers
It will include :
- Design tests for lasercut motor mounts ( inspired by riley's )
- Templates for punching the sliding elements, linear rail stage, etc … they are still at the design stage, not sure about where all the holes will be.
Any idea of usefull stuff that could be added in the white space that helps when doing contraptor ?
Edit : Optimism FAIL, it's way more costly than thought at first, forgetting about ordering two materials.