http://blog.synthetos.com/magnetic-linear-encoder-and-it-works/ - Blog Link
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1409 - Thingiverse Entry + Files
Here is a board I designed (derivative work from Zach Hokken) that uses the AS5306 austriamicro systems chip. Its still in the beta stages here. But hopefully we will be able to close the loop on the mini cnc (or any other contraptions in the future). Meaning instead of saying take 5 clockwise steps then moving on. You can actually say take 5 steps…. Did you take 5 steps? Yup.. Then move on.
- Understand the multipole linear magent design needed
- Test with a Oscope/logic analyzer
- Code some more hello world programs to test with arduino
- Finalize connectors. Zach's board uses CDROM audio cables. Perhaps we stay with this.
- Change the BLUE LEDS!!! Wayy to bright.