The task was to drill 16x16=256 holes per square inch in 8"x10" area of the cutting mat with 1/32" drill bit (~20,000 holes total). The job was done in about 6 hours with pauses after every square inch.
- Axis travel: X~12" / Y~9".
- Assembly time: approx 4 hrs.
- Accuracy: ~1/32" in X,Y due to stretching belts. The accuracy in X,Y was not very important for this task.
- Backlash ~1/32" in X,Y due to stretching belts and weight of Y stage
- Z axis motor has to be always on to stop Z stage from falling down
Arduino GCode Interpreter with mods to keep Z stepper always on